Tuesday, January 22, 2008

SERiously...?!

I just got home from work and discovered that someone has nicked our trash can. The lid is still in the recesses of the driveway, but the trash can...gone. I know that in the scheme of things that can (and still could) go wrong today, this is minor. But damn, I'm really irritated! You know, in that sputtering, indignant, not-quite-sure-what-to-say kind of way. Nevermind the fact that it was OUR trash can. Now we have to go spend the money to buy a new one, take the time to go buy a new one...it's the little things like this that add up, isn't it? We read about people who have just snapped--in either a violent way, or a loopy kind of way--and we think, "Good grief, what is WRONG with that person?" But we never know, maybe it was one stolen trash can too many. Or one useless meeting, or repetitive memo, or whining child...

I suppose it is a good reminder that I don't want to be some person's stolen trash can. (See how I'm trying to put a positive spin on this? My chiropractor said I can't control other things, only my reaction to them... Hopefully that train of thought will start working!!)

Just finished a fabulous book, One Man's Garden by Henry Mitchell. He's got this wry, dryly passionate tone as he writes about his garden and gives advice and I found myself laughing out loud often. If you're interested in that sort of thing, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

If it makes you feel any better, Leo nicked our trash. All over the house.
Now he is not feeling well.
Sigh.
Sorry about your trash can - really annoying.