Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl, Schmooper Bowl

I know it makes me absolutely un-American (but then, there are lots of opinions that I hold that seem to do so these days) but I hate football, and I hate the nonsense that surrounds the Super Bowl. I had a lovely evening out with my friend Kelli--we met at Barnes and Noble mid-afternoon and hung out, drifted through the Public Garden and the Commons while she took some really cool pictures, and then wandered over to Faneuil Hall for dinner. I've been home ten minutes and the tension in this house is ridiculous. My husband just finished yelling at the top of his lungs at the television, which I assume means the Giants have just done something that pushed them ahead score-wise. Ugh. It will be like a funeral in this stupid state tomorrow if the Giants win. Could we get some perspective, maybe...?

Okay, rant over.

Larry and I had the honor of meeting an amazing animal yesterday. To make a long story short, we heard about a Tundra-look-alike puppy at our local animal shelter. He's been hit by a car and is still recovering from surgery but will eventually be adopted out. His name is Montana, and we really hope we can adopt him. We're keeping our fingers crossed. He had the sweetest little face, and he's been through so much already; we would love to give him a good, happy home. (And we'd love to give Tundra someone to keep her company.)

Well, it's late and I have to work tomorrow, but I hadn't posted in a while so I thought I'd hop on. Hopefully next time there will be more to say!

No comments: