Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Twee Tasty Tartlets
My first thought when I saw the recipe was, "Ugh. Fussy." But they weren't. Here are my tips:
1. Get yourself a tart tamper. It will make putting the dough in the mini-muffin tin a heck of a lot easier. I was singing my sister-in-law's praises for recommending this little beauty.
2. Don't be tempted to overfill the tart cups. You'll have blueberry lava flowing and merging all over the tin. (If, like me, you can't resist, make sure you start smoothing the lava back into each cup shortly after you pull them out of the oven. Also, start carefully loosening the tarts as soon as you've re-sorted the lava. And clean the tin as soon as you have the tarts safely on the cooling rack. Once that blueberry stuff cools, it takes a jackhammer to remove. I've done it both ways, and prefer the non-jackhammer way.)
3. After you fill the cups, pop them back in the fridge for a while, even though the recipe doesn't call for it. Especially if it's a 90 degree day, as it is here.
3. Make sure your mini-muffin pan is really, really non-stick. Life will be easier.
4. If some of the tartlets resist coming out of the pan, eat the evidence. Heck, there are 24 of them. Who's going to miss one? Or, um, two.
Here's the link. Enjoy!