Monday, March 12, 2012

It's not an insult


In this house, the word "tart" is thrown around lovingly.  I'm not sure when I became so enamored of these glorious concoctions, but I can't get enough of them.  Sweet and savory, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, tarts are in the rotation. 

This weekend, I made three: a roasted red pepper and prosciutto tart from a Fine Cooking magazine issue a few years back, an Artichoke Polenta Tart from Maria Speck's book, Ancient Grains for Modern Meals, and a Rocky Road Tart from Martha Stewart.



I was grumbling to Larry on Saturday about how time consuming the red pepper tart is, but after having it for lunch today, I'm kicking those grumbles to the curb; this tart is worth every second!

If you're interested in the roasted red pepper tart, you can find the recipe posted here, http://userealbutter.com/2009/05/04/roasted-pepper-goat-cheese-tart-recipe/ or at Fine Cooking's site.  You'll need a membership to read it at the magazine site, though.

Here's the Martha Stewart recipe:
http://www.marthastewart.com/314986/rocky-road-tart

I'll get back to you on the Artichoke and Polenta Tart--we loved it, but I want to make it and actually follow the recipe before I say anything else. My main concern: I didn't have the correctly sized tart pan, which I think made a difference. 

Oh darn.  I'll have to go shopping.  And make the tart again.  Poor me.

No comments: