Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Share. Or not.

Summer means cherries.  And raspberries, blueberries, nectarines, peaches...  There is nothing like the fruits of summer.  Maybe this is because the only way I'll eat them after summer is over is if I pull them frozen from my freezer, but when summer fruit season rolls around, I am the true definition of a glutton.  I have all of the above in my kitchen right now, and it takes all of my will-power not to hunker down on a stool and eat my way through them. 

Tonight, I'm not resisting.


Mixed Summer Fruit Salad

1/2-1 cup blueberries
1 nectarine, pitted and chopped
1 cup cherries, pitted and quartered
1/2-1 cup raspberries
1 tbsp mint, slivered (or sliced into a chiffonade)
up to 1 tbsp honey
lime zest (optional)
1 cup Greek yogurt

1.  Mix the first seven ingredients together very gently  in a medium bowl.
2.  Spoon 1/4 c yogurt into each of 4 small bowls.  Evenly divide the fruit salad on top of the yogurt.  Share.  (Or not...)

No comments: